Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 15th, 2009 09:00

XPS M1330 Video Problems

I have a xps m1330 laptop ..T7100 1.8ghz 2gb ram nvidia 8400gs vista...the problem is that whenever i start watching some videos the computer starts heating up and the cpu usage goes up to 100%.the laptop freezes  and everything slows down...i purchased this in aug 2007 afeter which i had to get my motherboard replaced as there was some problem with the gpu...this thing heats up to 75C after 10 minutes of watcing videos or using flash player...otherwise using it for normal internet browsing its fine...guys help..is it a heating issue...or is there some fault with the graphics card..ive read in many of the posts that this version of nvidia is faulty...  Guys HELP

3 Posts

January 15th, 2009 11:00

Similiar thing happened to me with the XPS 1710.  Discovered my heating problems related solely to dust that had collected within the cooling fans at either side of the laptop.  If you aren't arleady cleaning them out once every six months it might be worth a shot.  As I said, I had similiar problems with crashing caused by overheating and removing the clumps of dust/fluff resolved the problem.

No Events found!