Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2009 11:00

XPS M1530 - Non-responsive Media Control Buttons assistance!

Hi folks,

A fairly minor problem this one, but hoping someone can advise me regarding the Media Control Buttons - mine are completely unresponsive, do not glow blue any more when touched, etc.

I have recently performed a Dell Factory Image Restore (not on account of the buttons, but for another problem which has been resolved), but I don't think it is that which has caused the problem.

Could it be a driver issue, or is it more likely to be an actual hardware problem where the control button panel needs replacing or somesuch?

Many thanks in advance for any help/suggestions :emotion-1:

N

December 14th, 2009 23:00

I also have the same issue. They were working fine, now they have stopped working. The only thing I've done was download a BIOS update and a new driver for my Nvidia graphics card. I would appreciate any help.

4.6K Posts

December 15th, 2009 06:00

Welcome to the forums Neil :emotion-21:

Was Media Direct also reinstalled with the factory image restore?

Assuming it was... everything should of course work as it once did.  But *maybe* the drivers need updating - particularly the chipset drivers?

You should've received a chipset drivers disc with the laptop, but those will be the original/older drivers, so you'd be better going to the XPS M1530 'Drivers & Downloads' page, to get the latest drivers.

Be sure to select the appropriate OS version first though - i.e. Vista 32bit/64bit :emotion-5:

3 Posts

December 15th, 2009 06:00

Turns out the Dell Media Control buttons are controlled by the Quick Set driver.  You could try reinstalling that to see if it is a driver problem.  In my instance it wasnt, so I ended up having the whole Media Button panel replaced while I was having my hard drive replaced at the same time.  Works fine now.

4 Posts

January 30th, 2010 18:00

I have the same problem, only on the XPS M1330. It happened right after I installed Vista Service Pack 2 (so far the only problem I've had with Vista). I assume it was Vista that disabled them. Occasionally, they will work, but they don't do anything and don't glow blue normally when touched. The most annoying part is the fact that the eject button is also not working. Anybody have a fix for this?

No Events found!