Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2011 08:00

XPS M1710 Speakers Not Working

Yes, I know this laptop is no longer made but I have an extended warranty.

I called Dell, they placed an order for replacement speakers (it sounds similiar to when your speakers are blown in your car) as well as a technician to dispatch.

Unknown to me, Dell cancelled the order.

A week later I was told by Dell they didn't know why it was cancelled and they would check. The technician continued to call me and I told him I didn't have an update.

I then got a call from Dell stating the order was cancelled due to the fact that the part what not available. What??? Why did Dell place the order and send it to the technician?

I'm at a loss at what to do.

I have a pending order for a new Dell XPS 17 3D which I am seriously thinking of cancelling as it's been delayed at least 3 times now for over 1 month and a half.

Any suggestions on how or what I can do to get my internal speakers working? I hate to get rid of this XPS M1710!!! :(

3.6K Posts

April 6th, 2011 11:00

parts-people.com

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=1363  .Sub woofer $14.95

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=3290  .Front left and right speakers with lights $16.95

Apparently they are getting there parts from the wrong place?

15 Posts

June 25th, 2011 15:00

I have a n XPS L701X (30 days too soon for the 3D and they would not allow me to change it) WHERE MY SPEAKERS STOPPED WORKING ALTHOUGH WHEN THE harware TEST WAS DONE FOR THE SPEAKERS, THEY WORKED. THIS PROMPTED THEM TO LET ME KNOW i HAD A SOFTWARE ISSUE AND WOULD NOT REPLACE THE SPEAKERS OR THE MOTHERBOARD BUT WOULD CHARGE ME THE $179 AND CHANGE FOR A SOFTWARE ISSUE EVEN 33 DAYS INTO THE PURCHASE, instead OF LETTING ME GET A NEW MOTHERBOARD which was the core of the problem at least according to another forum adviser who had the same problem.I can not say how the XPS L701X (I7) with 3D will work however I would be careful if I were you.I am right now living with the laptop using my earphones and awaiting a forum response which would more strongly suggestt that they should replace my mother  board for free since I bought a 3 year hardware guarantee  Good luck

No Events found!