Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2009 17:00

XPS Studio 16 ***WARNING***

Machine is an awesome machine, just bought one, but ***WARNING*** - unless you want a useless melted piece of plastic, you MUST use a lap board or table.  DO NOT PUT ON YOUR CLOTHING!  All the air intakes are on the bottom of the laptop, and the hard drive will start having write errors in about a half hour.  That crazy spinning noise - it's the fan not getting any air to cool the drive, memory and processor!  Otherwise, absolutely amazing.

2.9K Posts

April 11th, 2009 21:00

"DO NOT PUT ON YOUR CLOTHING!"

WOW - What an AMAZING piece of advice!!! Really, if you aware of ANYTHING about laptops, you would know that NO laptop shoudl be placed on ANYTHING which might restrict airflow. 

2 Posts

April 19th, 2009 11:00

i bought a belkin laptop cooling pad, is that okay ?

1.3K Posts

April 19th, 2009 12:00

I use a cooling fan under my laptop, and it makes a difference.

May 15th, 2009 21:00

I bought My Dell in February.  Got it to find out that all of the Extra stuff, (data Safe Online 2gb, loJack) were not installed amongst many other things.  they said it would take at least 14 days to build.  i received it 3 days later.  I heard it was having heating issues, so i got the Belkin Cooling pad.  It ran better for a while, until I tried to load programs and updates from Dell.

Then It was determined that the blue Screen of Death was the most appropriate thing to show me, and not my Desk top.

I will Never buy another product from Dell, unless it isn't built by them and is cheaper through them compared to everyone else. 

No Events found!