Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2016 11:00

XPS13 9350 Bluetooth crash after wakinng up

The XPS 13 9350 has all newest drivers and firmware. However, the bluetooth driver crashes every now and then after waking up from sleep. It gives two notifications and then restarts/recovers. The first one is: "This operation is not allowed by the group policy set by your IT administrator.", the second says something like the bluetooth is active but not discoverable. I didn't get the exact wording of the second message, but it happens after the driver recovers. Bluetooth device is not usable during the crash and the recovery.

March 9th, 2016 20:00

Hi Tian100

Thanks for writing to us. 

Post the issue started, have you tried updating the video and bluetooth driver? (as you mentioned initially all drivers are uptodate) 

Please remove all the paired devices/profiles from the bluetooth list . 

Was there any recent hardware or software changes done on the system ?

Also ensure if its a company system, there are no restrictions set by the IT department. If there are restrictions set, you will need to check with your IT dept for the same. and remove the restrictions. 

Do PM us the system tag# and email address as well by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message.

Regards

4 Posts

March 10th, 2016 21:00

Thanks for the reply. I do have all drivers updated and there hasn't been any hardware or software changes. I believe the message that refers to the IT group policy came from bttray.exe. This computer is in a workgroup, instead of a domain. There is no IT restriction on it at all. 

It seems that it crashes frequently after sleep. It will recover after around 15 second after waking up. 

March 10th, 2016 22:00

Can we please try this step.
Go to device manager, right click on the wireless driver one at a time, select properties and go to power management and uncheck the box that says
allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

After that go to power options--change plan settings-change advance power settings -then go under wireless settings and go for lower power saving option save and close. You can change other option in the same screen should you doubt any option.
let us know how it goes.
How about doing a system restore if the issue started lately ??

March 11th, 2016 22:00

Hi, Awaiting your response still

1 Message

April 20th, 2016 17:00

Hello,

I am running into this same problem on the same laptop. I tired the above steps yet it still continues. I would say that once every 4-5 times i wake the computer the Bluetooth crashes. Most of the time it will restart. Is there a new Bluetooth driver coming?

21 Posts

August 25th, 2016 19:00

I have the same problem also on an XPS13 9350.  Mine also is on a Workgroup on my home lan and I only use and id with full administrator rights.

12 Posts

September 7th, 2016 05:00

Same problem here, except that I bought the computer entirely for personal use and have no group policy.  It's been doing it since new about 4 months ago.  Possibly related is that I have occasional loss of internet connectivity that is correctable by disconnecting and reconnecting to the router.

21 Posts

September 30th, 2016 06:00

I continued to have these intermittent symptoms after waking from sleep state:

• Error - "This operation is not allowed by the group policy set by your IT administrator." Followed shortly by second error that says something like the Bluetooth is active but not discoverable.
  • Pointer is not visible on the screen (when using Google Chrome) but clearly it is still operating as I can see buttons highlighted as I try to move the pointer using the mouse

These symptoms disappear when I quit using the Logitech UltraThin Bluetooth mouse and instead use a wireless mouse with a USB connector.  I have given up on using the much more expensive mouse.

There is obviously some issue with using a Bluetooth mouse with my XPS13 9350, original Windows 10.

12 Posts

September 30th, 2016 14:00

Ditto here.  When the Microsoft mouse went away, so did the problem.

4 Posts

November 26th, 2016 17:00

I found a work around. It worked for me.

First, pair the bluetooth device as usual

Go to Control Panel

Harware and Sound

Devices and Printers

Identify the bluetooth device here

Double click on it (notice that a window will appear and then disapear after a couple of seconds)

Double click again and when the window appears, click Connect button

And voilà, problem solved and bluetoot device connected!

It is just a work around, hopefully dell offer a final solution.

Hope it works also for you!

No Events found!