Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2016 07:00

Yellow tint screen (Inspiron 7000 series Laptop)

yellowish tint in left bottom corner of the screen, is it hardware or driver problem? what is solution for the same?

2.3K Posts

August 26th, 2016 17:00

Hello!  If that area stays yellow no matter what windows are open and never changes its a hardware problem.  I would contact tech support for warranty assistance. 

2K Posts

August 27th, 2016 09:00

Hi NIKHILRAUT,

What is the exact system model? When did the issue start? What is the current OS installed on the system?

Check if the issue is seen while you perform the below steps:

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check if the issue is seen while in BIOS  as well.

Connect an external monitor and check if the display is fine on the external monitor.

Based on this, we could isolate the source of the issue.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!