Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 27th, 2012 05:00

backlit keyboard not working - dell xps l502x

i have tryed the mobility centre the setting for the backlit eyboard is on and bright with never for sleep option. i have charger plugged in and still nothing. tryed restarting and putting to sleep and waking up like it said in another thread but no luck.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 27th, 2012 12:00

Proctor_11,

I own a Dell XPS L501x and if your system is similar, the backlit keyboard may not retain the settings. It would probably default back to 1 minute, then next time you shut down on battery.

Press the Windows key and the X Keys at the same time.

Click on the little square in the Keyboard Brightness on area. You should see...

If you do not have anything in the Windows Mobility Center, then try going to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, select your operating system, under applications, download and install Dell QuickSet

Rick

4.4K Posts

September 27th, 2012 06:00

Hi  Proctor_11,

Welcome to the Community,

Is the Dell QuickSet utility already installed on your system? If yes,try uninstalling and reinstalling it (if it is not installed,install it and check if the backlit  keyboard starts working)

Use this link below to download and reinstall :

www.dell.com/.../xps-l502x

When was the last time it was working? Did you reinstall Windows on your system?

Thank You

5 Posts

re insALLED and no luck tryed sleep again etc

5 Posts

windows was reinstalled recently

4.4K Posts

September 27th, 2012 08:00

Was the backlit on the keyboard working before reinstalling Windows?

After reinstalling Windows you need to reinstall drivers in the correct order as given in the link below :

support.dell.com/.../document

Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of order.If the backlit stopped working after reinstalling Windows,than you may have to reinstall Windows and reinstall the drivers in the correct order.

5 Posts

September 27th, 2012 10:00

it came this way from you i got it refurbished from you

1 Message

September 27th, 2012 10:00

I recently installed a backlighted keyboard (pvdg3) and I noticed that some keys are not working, like enter key,backspace,space bar, my questions is , do I need to reinstall driver for keyboard? They claim is new from factory and that it was tested before shipping,

5 Posts

September 28th, 2012 02:00

already done this rick and still wont work tryed that driver too and no luck. is ther a specific driver for the back lit  keyboard?

4.4K Posts

September 28th, 2012 11:00

Hi  Proctor_11,

Please private message me your system service tag number.To private message click on my user name,click start conversation.

I will check your system details and get back to you.

Thank You

4.4K Posts

September 28th, 2012 11:00

Hi alberto786,

Welcome to the Community,

In your case(few keys not working),it does not need a driver reinstallation.Try to reseat the keyboard connector cable.If the issue persists try to get the keyboard replaced.

Thank You

No Events found!