Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2012 04:00

bad bios update

just abt two days earlier i recieved my  brand new dell inspiron n511 with ubuntu , i installed windows and upgraded bios and it was bad really bad to date am trying hard to recover it but of no avail i wd do any thing other then replacing mother board please hellllppp.... and yes i just cant claim warranty ..... althogh its new..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The other option is to have  a shop remove the BIOS chip (requires unsoldering), flash it externally and re-solder it.

3 Posts

got my new inspiron n5110 with ubuntu 4 days ago installed windows 7 and after installing drivers updated bios and it crashed after tht to date its not starting pretends to start bt it just dont cant claim warranty cant replace mother board plese help....plzz   :emotion-9:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If the system is under warranty, have Dell replace the mainboard.  If it's not, the BIOS chip external flash will be the least expensive way to solve the problem.

You can't wish problems away - if you want to solve the problem and the system won't boot, it needs a hardware repair.

3 Posts

no lol i just cant open it either

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 11th, 2012 12:00

ht242

ejn53 is giving the correct information here,  If the system hung while trying to flash the BIOS you will likely need to have the system board replaced.  If you do have an active warranty with the notebook then I suggest taking advantage of it. If you would like for me to research service options I will be happy to do so.  Please shoot me a private message, just click on the link in my signature and include your name and the service tag of the notebook. 

TB

No Events found!