Highlighted
3 Argentum

battery error code

so,  i let my parents borrow my laptop to watch a movie, and then i came back, and found out that the 3rd LED on my laptop, a N5010 inspiron,  flashes 4 times amber, then pauses on white and repeats.

i did look up the question on Google, turns out it has something to do with the laptop not recognizing the battery pack.

one suggested to take the battery out, and clean the terminals. i tried so, but no avail.

however, the battery itself still works, it flashes when  plugged and unplugged from the charger. i cannot tell if it charges or not.

see, i used this laptop as a desktop, left it plugged in all the time.

the true time that my battery will last is unknown.

it is running windows 7 and is fully updated.

Bryce

3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: battery error code

Hi inverno4661,

Thank you for writing to us. Please check if the ac adapter is detected in BIOS follow the steps below.

Shut down the computer and tap F2 during the startup > default BIOS page will be ‘Main’ in that page check the Ac adapter type is 65W/90W/130W. If the adapter is detected in BIOS, Kindly update the BIOS using the link bellow.

http://dell.to/13EVLww

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and select the appropriate operating system, under the BIOS category select the latest BIOS and install it.

Connect the Ac Adapter before updating the BIOS and do not use the system until it restarts after the update.

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

sorry for the very late reply.

it took me some time to understand where you wanted me to look on the boot menu....

but i did find it.

it shows the ac power is 65W.

i tried updating bios but it gave me an error:

"Cann't flash to the same Bios version. Press OK to exit. "

yes it actually says "Cann't"

the service tag of the laptop is: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi inverno4661,

Please send me the system service tag or express service code through this private chat, I will see what best can be done.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

Please refer to the link below where to locate the service tag or express service code.

http://dell.to/162b3za

0 Kudos