Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2013 19:00

bios upgrade for vostro 3400

hai all, is there any bios upgrade for vostro 3400?

4.4K Posts

January 24th, 2013 20:00

Hi  rudirmee,

Welcome to the Community,

BIOS version A10 released on 11/1/2010 is the last updated BIOS version available for download.

Here is the link for downalod : www.dell.com/.../vostro-3400

Note:To view the previous BIOS versions expand Previous Versions on the same link.

Thank You

5 Posts

January 25th, 2013 06:00

thanks roshan..really appreciate it

5 Posts

January 25th, 2013 06:00

so how do i install them in the laptop? i just run it?

4.4K Posts

January 25th, 2013 20:00

Hi rudirmee,

To update BIOS download and save it to your desktop,then double click on the saved file to install (follow on screen instruction).

Note:While updating BIOS,AC adapter should be connected to the system,battery should be adequately charged and all external peripherals(USB devices) should be disconnected from the system.

3 Posts

February 5th, 2013 20:00

My battery won't charge and I am told I need the bios update on my vostro 3400.  Problem is the battery is below 10%.  So it's a catch 22 as I can't do the update unless the battery is above 10%.  This is kind of BS and it ticks me off that Dell would do this.  I NEED a work around please!?

4.4K Posts

February 5th, 2013 23:00

Hi dwhitnack,

Welcome to the Community,

Check in BIOS (tap F2 on start up,Dell logo) if the AC adapter is getting detected normally.Does it show 65/90 watt or does it show "Unknown"?

Try releasing flea power from the system.Disconnect charger,remove battery,disconnect all external peripherals(USB devices),press and hold down power button for 30 seconds.Reconnect battery and charger and check if the battery charges normally.

Are you using the original Dell battery  and AC adapter which came along with the system?

If possible try using a different AC adapter of the same watt (borrow from some one who uses a similar AC adapter)  and confirm if the issue persists even with a different AC adapter.

Post back your findings.

Thank You

3 Posts

February 6th, 2013 17:00

It shows "Unknown"

I did try another adapter and the issue exists with both chargers.

I'll try the flea power thing and get back to the post.

I just bought an aftermarket battery as it was "green" power and less money than Dell OEM.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2013 17:00

Releasing the flea power did not work.  I do still have the factory OEM battery.   What next?

4.4K Posts

February 6th, 2013 22:00

Hi dwhitnack,

If both AC adapters(assuming its the Dell Original AC adapter) shows "Unknown" in BIOS then it could be an issue with the system board which needs to be replaced.

Updating BIOS may help but before you can do that you may need to find a another system (same model) or check with a local repair shop  and get your system battery charged  to be able to update BIOS.

The OEM battery does it not charge on your system with both the AC adapters?

No Events found!