Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

January 29th, 2009 23:00

can't detect HD

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Laptop D600 will not boot.  Goes to “Unmountable Boot” screen .   AutoRecommend:  f8 and go into safe mode, that spews  a page of win32 files description, then stops.  When I insert Xp Pro installation disk, the System description shows HD as “NONE". Can only access the clock to make changes - will not scroll.    I installed a new HD and got same “NONE” message.  I looked at the original HD pins and inside the tray slot – there was no visible damage. 

The last time this computer was shut down, it had  2 peripherals attached to both of the USB ports.  This computer had not been moved.  These 2 USB peripherals were still attached when I attempted to start .  Could the USB’s have caused this problem?  How can I get the CPU to see the HD – the install disk won’t help?

2 Posts

January 29th, 2009 23:00

I have no idea what that message is.  The message I posted is "Laptop D600 will not...." the last 2 paragraphs of the above giberish.  I am posting this messge to the forum from another computer.  I have no idea why that giberish is listed first on my post???? 

No Events found!