Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 25th, 2015 11:00

computrance agent Malware

I Have persistence Malware, I tried all known antivirus including Kasperskey and nothing is detected,I changed new hard drive and installed new window 7 from original  Microsoft CD and changed new router and immediately it back before I open the browsers, 3 administrators is controlling the new hard drive, window updated is block.

this Malware is coming from BIOS  anti theft computrance agent from absolute software and it is activated, it got 3 setting, (i) deactivate, (ii) disable, (iii) activate, it activated and saying you can not change the setting, all 3 button is blur white can not be click, this is inspiron 1545, I had it from new and I did not activated it, I call absolute software and they said, this laptop is not in their data base, I call dell, no help,  it is impossible to use window, it will block within 10minutes of installation and block all the downloads from dell. I installed Linux and it continued connecting crating new UDP and TCP ports I had to remove it manually. any body there knows how to get ride of this.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 25th, 2015 14:00

It's just about impossible to be what you say it is - a CMOS resident virus.

Are you installing Service Pack 1 BEFORE you connect to the Internet, and keeping the firewall enabled before you complete doing Windows updates?

10 Posts

September 26th, 2015 07:00

I installed window off line then connect computer to check for update before open the browser, Yes sound  impossible, but that is the reality, the more window restart, it keep coming more and gaining strength and will start hiding some of the desk top and task bar icon, it Just the same with what was happening with Lenovo computer, they are now providing update to their customer, the message from dell now Change the mother board, was told yesterday.

I when I was installing Linux Mint, empty space on the hard drive was over written and yet when the window was restarting, it refused to restart, saying it got signal from unknown source, Modem manage1' service name, I force restart and now the virus reinfect the Hard drive, it keep connecting through UDP and TCP, and now blocking it manually through Gufw fire wall software, it make it impossible to use window, it will shut it down within 10 minutes from the time of installation.

10 Posts

September 26th, 2015 07:00

I installed window off line then connect computer to check for update before open the browser, Yes sound  impossible, but that is the reality, the more window restart, it keep coming more and gaining strength and will start hiding some of the desk top and task bar icon, it Just the same with what was happening with Lenovo computer, they are now providing update to their customer, the message from dell now Change the mother board, was told yesterday.

I when I was installing Linux Minnt, empty space on the hard drive was over written and yet when the window was restarting, it refused to restart, saying it got signal from unknown source, Modem manage1' service name, I force restart and now the virus reinfect the Hard drive, it keep connecting through UDP and TCP, amd now blocking it manually through Gufw fire wall software, it make it impossible to use window, it will shut it down within 10 minutes from the time of installation.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 26th, 2015 08:00

Sounds like a bad hard drive is a top suspect.  If you haven't run an extended diagnostic on the drive, that would be the place to start.  F12 at powerup.

No Events found!