Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2012 10:00

cost of new motherboard for n5010

hello friends i m having dell inspiron n5010 laptop,it is working perfectly fine but the only problem with it is that it does not have graphics card in it. it has intel graphics in it.

i asked few of my friends if i can upgrage my graphics card but they said it is not possible as graphics card is soldered to the mother board.

now d only option remains is to change the mother board.

so i want to know how much would it cost to me.i also need a grahics card of 1gb.

plz help me wat 2 do..... 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The mainboard can be swapped for one with ATI video.  The cost is about $120.  You may also need  a new heatsink assembly (most of the time, the model that ships with non-integrated video uses a larger heatsink and or larger or faster-turning fan).

www.ascendtech.us/dell-k2wff-inspiron-n5010-motherboard_i_mbdelk2wffn5010.aspx

Hi jay03893 ,

I am Sudipta S from Dell Social Media and Communities team.

Regarding the question you asked, I'm afraid you would not be able to upgrade the graphics card incase the system was purchased with the Onboard/Integreted Graphics Card. We do not recommend upgrading the motherboard on a notebook. This is primarily to avoid any possible incompatibility with other critical system components. Also, the motherboard being a field replaceable unit, one must bear in mind that it is not straightforward to remove & replace, unlike the RAM or hard drive. In fact, changing the motherboard is almost equivalent to replacing the entire system. 

Regards,

Dell-Sudipta S

Dell Social Media and Communities Professional.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2012 03:00

1 Message

December 22nd, 2012 03:00

I am looking to  order a new motherboard  for my dell inspiron  n5010 . Water spilled on it and could not be repaired. I have checked the dell site but I cant find it to order. Can you kindly assist with telling me where and how I can get a new motherboard.  I must however state that  I am quite disappointed that just a small spill could destroy the motherboard  of a laptop that is suppose to have newer and better technology.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2012 04:00

If you do, be sure you order the next system with a 3-year warranty.  You could well find out that though the name on the outside is different, the actual manufacturer is the same -- the company that built this system for Dell supplies just about every other "name" brand notebook manufacturer as well.

December 22nd, 2012 04:00

Me & my Friendz facing problem with Speakerz of Dell laptop  n5010....when we use VLC it become  hot & start burning now.... i purchased 1.5 years ago.... now almost all dell laptops have same problem...v r switching to another brand ...!!!

And thats the only option v have... !!!

1 Message

September 10th, 2013 11:00

Hey i hv the graphic motherboard cost is 8000rs

1 Message

August 2nd, 2017 00:00

Hi Amit, is motherboard still available. please let me know.

No Events found!