Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 20:00

dell inspiron 15-3552 not charging, getting mixed responses

So, just under a year ago I had bought a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop and it has mostly been a reliable and durable computer. However, I've had an issue with the charger (or charger jack) twice now. The first time was pretty straightforward. It was an issue with the jack (had to plug the charger in at a certain position, computer lagged with it in, "plugged in, not charging", etc.) and I got it repaired relatively quickly. But this time around, I had an identical problem (except now the charger has stopped working entirely) but the place that I usually go to for this kinda stuff was persistent about this being a charger issue.

So like anyone would, I went to best buy and bought a charger. Despite the fact that the moron said that it would work with my computer, it didn't (and the dude didn't even allow me to return it). After that whole thing, I decided that I'd just look on the dell website for a compatible charger. However, as shown by this ( image.prntscr.com/image/2ab2913161c0448b9d186f2a33b61243.png ), there was no option for an Inspiron 15 3552, leaving me very confused.

TLDR, I need two answers.
1) Is this an issue with the charger itself, or the charger jack?
2) If it's the former, is there any way I can get a list of chargers compatible with this computer?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 26th, 2016 09:00

" but the place that I usually go to for this kinda stuff was persistent about this being a charger issue".

:emotion-2:

Does the LED light up on the AC adapter ? If yes, then I suggest you check metal tip at the end of adapter. If metal tip is bent then you must center it with a small screw driver.

How to resolve Battery and AC adapter issues on my Dell computer?

www.dell.com/.../EN

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Non-Dell chargers usually WILL power the system but won't charge the battery.  The correct adapter for your system is a 0285K unit:

www.amazon.com/.../B01AZHH5T6

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

"If it's the former, is there any way I can get a list of chargers compatible with this computer "

:emotion-2:

You can contact Dell Technical in link below:

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

2 Posts

June 5th, 2017 11:00

I am running into the exact same issue.  At first it would say incompatible adapter, although it was the one received with the system  and worked fine for the most part.

Now it hardly works at all, and seems like I have to play with the plug for a long time to get adapter connection.  This leads me to believe it is the charging port itself and unfortunately the full warranty just expired and is not in place for parts coverage only.

Rather disappointing that you get a year and then have to toss to buy a new one because of poor workmanship or parts.  But if system cannot be charged and no battery or recharging docking station is available, then it simply because a worthless POS brick.

Perhaps last DELL I will by if this is the quality and commitment standing behind their products.

No Events found!