Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2013 10:00

dell inspiron 7520 (NOT 2 cards ) Radeon hd 7730M problem

after i installed w7 64 i had well close to 0 drivers ready and running , managed to fix the pci controller, usb hub, ethernet and network controller ,sm bus driver and some other minor ones but 1 thing i just couldnt fix and its the videocard 
currently in device manager > display adapters i have 2 standart VGA graphic adapter and one of them is with the yellow mark on its bottom 
i tried installing the hd7700 drivers from dell site , with service tag find options - didnt work just changed one of vga adapters with radeon hd 7700m and again with that yellow thing on the bottom , uninstalled
then from the radeon site i found and installed the catalyst ( uh maybe wrong name) installer and then again from there downloading the 7730m driver, same story as first time 
then i got the amd uninstall utility and deleted everything amd and i couldnt start my laptop because of blue screen so i had to run a recovery now im standing with everyhting uninstalled that has AMD/radeon in its name and with 2 standart vga adapters ( one of them which is with yellow mark ) the same way it was after i installed my w7. everything else is working like charm.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2013 10:00

Your system has hybrid video - uninstall ALL video drivers.  Reboot and install the Intel video driver (from Dell, not Intel).  Then reboot and install the AMD video driver (again from Dell, not AMD) -- that should solve the problem.

The AMD GPU will NOT function without the Intel video drivers in place - the two work as a hybrid pair.

No Events found!