Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2013 08:00

dell xps15 L521X screen issues

bought a brand new xps 15 few months (May 2013?). not used on daily basis yet updated regularly. now that i have started using for the past week or so, having terrible problems with screen flickering. read a bunch of forums and saw a few youtube videos for other screen flickers, but does not seem to be the same problem. MIne keeps changing the brightness and at times stays stuck at lower brightness levels even when not selected. Was happening yesterday only while on battery, but now happening with power on as well.Very intermittent. Did change the refresh rate to see the effect of that, but no use. 

Can you guys offer any help or else this one is straightway a replacement from my end..

750 Posts

July 28th, 2013 09:00

Hi swapg,

Welcome to Dell community!

Refer the following link for instructions to run LCD built-in diagnostics: http://dell.to/16eAVHe

Check if the screen flickers during the LCD built-in diagnostics. Also, if you have an external monitor, please connect it to the laptop when the issue occurs and check if the monitor displays the video without any flickering.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2013 20:00

thanks for the tip. I tried the first test and the second test doesnt seem to work. I have tried multiple times from a  shutdown system the machine directly boots up without the test run. Today prior to typing this response, the screen stayed at the 0 brightness state for apprx 5 mins. It blinks various intensities from min to max...i kept the machine running for several hours few days ago and the display setlles down after 2-3 hours...cannot explain

750 Posts

August 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi swapg,

Please connect an external monitor to the laptop and check if the screen flickers on the monitor.

No Events found!