Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 2nd, 2017 12:00

graphics card driver has stopped working on a dell inspiron 13 7349 laptop

When I open adobe photoshop 5.x, 80% of the time I will get an error message saying 'graphics card driver has stopped working'.  Photoshop will start fine, but it will crash when I try to open any image file.  I am using the stock operation system (windows 8.1) and the latest graphics card driver (according to dell's driver check).  Does anyone what might be the reason?

July 2nd, 2017 12:00

Hi Wzfoto,

Please open device manager and uninstall all the video drivers and reinstall them from support.dell.com type your service tag and check under drivers and downloads find it my self and see if the issue still persists.

9 Posts

July 27th, 2017 07:00

Hi there, I followed your instruction and updated my video driver to the latest version based on the service tag.  However the problem persists "graphics card driver crash when i open photoshop".  Also I run into a bigger problem with the latest video card driver.  When the laptop goes to sleep, upon wakeup, the whole screen is blank or black, with only the mouse pointer being visible.  The only way to get around this is to restart the computer.  Can you provide suggest how I can resolve this?  

No Events found!