Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2014 07:00

hard disk partition

hi

someone please tell me how many "MB" i have to type in disk management to create a partition of 450GB?

June 3rd, 2014 10:00

Hi danishhafiz007,

I would suggest you to create the recovery discs first using Dell Backup and Recovery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to create a new partition on the computer. If you are creating an additional partition on the existing one the operating system will suggest you the unallocated space.

1. Open the Start menu and type "disk management" into the search window. Click on the entry that appears labeled Create and format hard-disk partitions.
  2. You will create empty space on the hard drive. To make this kind of space available for creating a partition in Windows 8, the first step is to shrink your hard drive. Right click the (C:) drive. Then click Shrink Volume... to create unallocated space.

7.  In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

8.  Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

9.  Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

10. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

• If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.

• To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

11. Review your choices, and then click Finish.

June 3rd, 2014 10:00

thx for reply

i know how to do it 

i just want to know how many MBs i have to type in (figure 2) to get 450GB partition

June 4th, 2014 04:00

Hi danishhafiz007,

If you want to keep your operating system and data files together 250000 MB is enough. If you want to keep your operating system separate and rest together around 358400MB would be sufficient.

No Events found!