Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2013 07:00

heat problems

I'm using the dell inspiron 7420 14 inch model, and I'm experiencing some heating problems (60~70ºc )  when I leave my laptop idle.

The computer still runs smoothly, but the boot up time is getting way to long.

Can anyone help me with my problems? I'm looking for configuration of software solutions for both the boot and heating issues,

not like adding a cooling fan or something. Thanks!

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2013 07:00

Hi Aegis_1112,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please click on the link below for troubleshooting heating issues on your Dell Laptop. This article provides information about overheating and system shutdowns, which may occur due to dust accumulation, out of date BIOS, or improper usage environment.

http://dell.to/ZRGrYi

An out of date BIOS can cause heat issues by having an outdated temperature table for the system.  Visit the Dell Drivers and Downloads website by clicking on this link  http://dell.to/XULgT1 .  Enter your Service Tag and update the BIOS.

Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to replace the BIOS chip or motherboard. Disconnect all external peripherals and ensure there is no cd/dvd in the optical drive prior to updating the BIOS on your computer.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Aegis_1112,

We hope the links were helpful in resolving the heating issue on your Dell Laptop.

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 09:00

It did help me reduce a bit of the heat, thanks a lot!

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2013 08:00

Hi Aegis_1112,

Thank you for your reply. It is great to know that the issue is resolved to some extent.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further queries, we would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

No Events found!