Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2015 06:00

how to increse dedicted video memory?????

how to increase the dedicated video memory of my intel 4000 graphic card..... my laptop is dell latitiude e6430...i7 processor and 8 gb ram...i aldready checked the bios settings... and i couldnt find the neccesary option... guys please help me .... ii really need to play arkham knight... plz plz help 

1.8K Posts

June 25th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I found this video on increasing dedicated graphics memory, but I've never done it so I can't really give it any sort of endorsement.  I also found this article on doing increasing dedicated memory for the Intel 4000, but they reference BIOS settings.

This isn't something that Dell Tech Support would help you with, nor probably endorse.  No idea what you would do to the system if you did this.   The option to do so may not even be in the BIOS on that system at all.  If you searched the BIOS and couldn't find it then it may not be possible at all.

Sorry we could't be of more help to you.  

Todd

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 25th, 2015 13:00

Increasing the video RAM -- even if it were possible -- will not help.  This game requires a bare minimum of what is currently and upper mid-range video chip.  Even if your system has hybrid video, it's not even near the bare minimum to run this game.

If you want to play this game anywhere near decently well, start shopping at the Alienware 15 or 17 level.  Nothing below that will run it.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2016 15:00

using Dell XPS 15 9550.

in the BIOS screen i cannot find any settings under Video that will allow increasing of the Video Ram (VRAM) . In my previous laptop, ASUS, there is such option in the BIOS.

WHY doesnt DELL's BIOS have this???

No Events found!