Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2011 00:00

i need help about my studio 1535's touch button's lights, these dont light, how can i light these buttons lights again?

i have got a dell studio 1535. i gave it to my father for his use. but there is a problem in todays. my laptops touch buttons on keyboard, have lights of course, dont light. and also capslock button's light dont light too..

first, sorry for my english. and i am waiting for your answers..

207 Posts

September 5th, 2011 13:00

Hello Orkunkyuna,

Welcome to the Dell Community forum. I will be glad to help you to get this issue resolved. 

You will have to flash the firmware for the system hinge cover. You can download it from here.

Create a bootable CD:

1. Download the firmware installation file FM7_X0D.ISO, and save it in your system.
2. Run the CD imaging software to create a bootable CD based on this FM7_X0D.ISO file. 

Let me know if you need any further support.

-Niranjan

2 Posts

September 6th, 2011 00:00

i couldnt find it in your link. and, i want to ask.. it wont damage my laptop, will it? my laptops guarantie finished. so i dont want risk

207 Posts

September 6th, 2011 07:00

I am sorry to know that the link does not work. It was fine when I tested yesterday. However you can download it from here  
Another correction: The name of the file is FW7_X0D (3).ISO

This is a firmware update for the hinge cover, designed for your system. 

-Niranjan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 6th, 2011 08:00

orkunkyuna,

Start, control panel, windows mobility center. There you can find the settings for the backlit keyboard. There should be buttons on the keyboard that show a minature jeyboard with 5 little lines. My old computer used the blue keys, which means that you would have to use the Fn key with it.

If you have problems, you may want to download and install Dell QuickSet,  again.

Rick

No Events found!