Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2011 12:00

l702x having issues with HDMI connection

I recently purchased the Dell L702x, which was an upgrade from my old Studio XPS 17.  I attemtped to connect the laptop to my LCD TV via the HDMI port.  I've done this numerous time with my old Dell and have had no issues.  I wouldn't call myself a computer expert, but definatelly have a good knowledge of computers, so I know I'm not overlooking the simple steps to make this work.  Something is obviously wrong with the laptop and /or the drivers/software.  I've deen that other people have had this problem and Dell has been replacing the motherboard, video card, etc, but that hasn't been working.  Is this a universal problem?  Does someone have a solution?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 24th, 2011 17:00

Make sure to select the hdmi input on the tv--Video 1, Video 2 or HDMI 1 etc-- and you might need to activate the hdmi connection on the laptop in Display Settings.

1 Message

May 8th, 2012 13:00

I have the same problem. I would describe my computer knowledge similar to yours. Just spent 3 hours getting "technical support" loading and unloading drivers to no avail.  Did you ever find a solution?

May 15th, 2012 22:00

I'm in the same boat here. Anyone managed to get a definitive fix for this at all ? Can only get it to work on 1 out of 3 tvs I have so deffo a driver/bios issue

Regards

Graham

No Events found!