Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 14th, 2016 19:00

m7510 primary SSD RAID to AHCI

Hello!

I have rather fresh m7510 with two SSD's. Primary, where OS was installed is on the factory, came with the system, another 850 EVO was added later. I have installed Samsung Magician to look at my drives. It does recognize the latter, but tell it does not perform optimum because AHCI mode is disabled in BIOS. Yes, I have tried change to 0 the Start value for msahci, iastorv, atapi, no luck.

So question #1, what is right way to get AHCI in this system. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

The second question is that most of software recognized that primary drive as

MP59 1VNeMS MAUSGN2 65BG

while Intel RST tells it is

PM951 NVMe SAMSUNG 256GB

So I am curious about those character scrambling and interested, how to get it under Samsung Magician control.

Thanks in advance

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 14th, 2016 19:00

Samsung Magician works only with retail Samsung drives - it won't work with the OEM 951 drive.

You don't want AHCI for an NVMe drive - the drive runs in native PCIe mode, not AHCI.

17 Posts

August 14th, 2016 20:00

Thanks for the suggestion. Suppose, there is no need for AHCI for NVMe drive. But I have another one, which I definitely want to run in AHCI. No luck in this case?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 15th, 2016 06:00

I can't be definitive, but I doubt there's a way to run both NVMe and AHCI in the same system.  

No Events found!