Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2015 10:00

n5050 won't boot to any OS

Dell n5050 won't load any OS. The ram has passed Memtest. The HDDs(I tried 2) have passed victoria with no bad sectors..
It posts fine. When it reaches the win 7 logo screen it just stays ther with the logo pulsing.
The HDD light shows no activity.
In safe mode it stops at classpnp.sys. The HDD light shows no activity.
When I tried the OS disk from Dell, It does the same thing. Just stays at the pulsing logo.
The HDD light shows no activity.
When I tried Hiren's CD, it got to the Win XP screen and the screen went dark.
Not black, just very dark so it could barely be seen.Just stayed there.
As the slave in another computer,a sfc/ scannow revealed only a problem with iassdo.dll.mui. which is a non factor.
Remember this is a n5050 so the palm rest assy. was loose when I swapped HDD. So heat is not a factor. The heatsink was cleaned and new compound.
Could this be anything other than a processor /chipset issue?

I couldn't find a stand alone processor diag. which it probably wouldn't boot to anyway.

processors in my experience usually wont even allow the pc to boot to bios, most of the time when a bad processor or one that's not accepted computers will blink power light with the fans on high and that's it.. this to me sounds like its a ram issue regardless if it passed the test ive seen some where they still pass here and there but had issues at random.. id try with only 1 ram stick if yah can, and reseat the one that you leave plugged in

8 Posts

Forgot to add, this is not my laptop and I'm not sure under what circumstances this began.

8 Posts

October 11th, 2015 08:00

There is only 1 -4gb. I did  swap it out and I'm sure the folks at memtest would love to hear about when you found it to be wrong. 

No Events found!