Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

November 11th, 2008 13:00

processor SSDT data not found...help!

Hi!

first of all, i'm fench so don't pay attention to the mistakes! i've got a problem xith my DELL INSPIRON 9400 (windows XP)...then, my problem:

after the boot sequence and after or during the POST, there is two short beeps and i can read this:"

processor SSDT data not found. Operating system power management for multi core process will be disabled.

Strike F1 to continue, F2 to enter setup or F5 to run on board diagnostic"...

My question is: how to solve this probleme! i've updated the bios. i've updated chipset. i've restored my system... but this message is always here with the two beeps...

10 Posts

April 17th, 2009 04:00

Were you ever able to figure out how this message can be resolved. I recently received this message and have had no luck in tracking down the cause or solution. Thank you for your help on this matter. WPP

1 Message

July 31st, 2009 01:00

I have the same SSDT problem. Anyone figure this out? Thanks

3 Posts

July 31st, 2009 06:00

Anyone figure this out?

Yeah i have !

If i remember correctly, you have to reset completely your BIOS's parameters... In fact you just have to open your computer and disconnect the BIOS battery... then you wait 2 or 3 minuts and you reconnect it. The BIOS's parameters will be reseted :D

I'v done that and it worked so... let's try ;)

10 Posts

July 31st, 2009 09:00

Thanks for this tip. I will try the battery disconnect and will report back. Thank you again. WPP

10 Posts

July 31st, 2009 09:00

I have an Inspiron 1520 laptop with XP - where exactly is the Bios battery?

3 Posts

August 1st, 2009 04:00

where exactly is the Bios battery?

I don't know... you have to open your laptop maybe you'll have to remove the keyboard... the battery looks like a small piece of money that can be wrapped in plastic...

Read your laptop notice for more details ;)

10 Posts

August 1st, 2009 10:00

Reva91, Thank you for your help. I am dumb, should have checked my manual right away. Uncrewed the cover pulled the plug on the connection of the battery to the motherboard, waited a couple minutes than reconnected. Started up and got the error message of wrong date and time, restarted and never got the error message again. Thank you for your help.

1 Message

September 1st, 2012 12:00

Thanks a mill, REVA91.....It worked I got that issue trying to do some crazy stuff but your tip saved my life......god bless you and your knowledge, it's so ironic I do tech support and I did panic for a minute.... 

1 Message

September 5th, 2012 13:00

Hi

This is Shoaib Zafar from Karachi Pakistan. I would like to thank reva91 as his tip regarding SSDT problem worked for me. I would like to reproduce the problem and solution.

Problem: With my Del Latitude D830 I experienced two short beeps and a message (processor SSDT data not found. Operating system power management for multi core process will be disabled. Strike F1 to continue, F2 to enter setup or F5 to run on board diagnostic) immediately after switching on the laptop. it was nuisance until i tried reva91's tip which is as follows:

I detached the battery and BIOS battery, a button cell located next to RAM on the bottom of laptop I kept those things detached for 5 mins and reconnect them. On restart a message appeared asking me to run set up by hitting F2 key which I followed and restarted the laptop and my problem had gone for good.

No Events found!