Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2015 04:00

"BCD file is missing some information Error code: 0xc0000034"

This laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 (3521), it's operating system is Windows 8, it has no warranty, nor an installation media. I don't know how to repair it, or what caused this problem. I don't know if Dell would be able to help as it has no warranty. All I think I know about this problem is that Windows has to be installed again. And I'm not really good with computers.

780 Posts

April 21st, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Before we proceed with repairing the Windows 8 operating system, Lets confirm there no hardware issues in the laptop.

Could you please run a thorough diagnostics on the laptop by pressing F12 key for 3-5 times on the Dell logo which comes up during the startup, Select the option "Diagnostics" from the list. Follow the on screen instruction.

Should it come up with any error messages, please let us know what is the Error message and Validation code.

However if everything comes up okay, please send me your computer’s service tag via private message.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

2 Posts

April 30th, 2015 14:00

I too am experiencing the problem described in this posting -www.dell.com/.../EN

I tried method 2 - three time - for each response, it showed successful. But when I tried to reboot, I continue to get the dreaded blue screen.

I have a Dell Inspirion 5720.

I have also tried resetting the Bios (ver A14) to the defaults.  Still no luck.

Please help

Glen

780 Posts

April 30th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Have you tried running diagnostics to confirm all the hardware components are fine?

Also do you have a Windows OS disc or a recovery disc created after you setup the PC?

If you've tried these two, Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

Thank you

2 Posts

May 1st, 2015 08:00

Gokul G,

Yes I ran the diagnostics three times and there were no errors found.  My laptop did not come with any Discs.  It came pre-configured/installed with Win 8.  There is a recovery partition, but it cannot be accessed as within a few second of powering on, I get the blue screen with the BCD error.  I will send a private message with Service tag number.

Thanks for the reply.

Glen

1 Message

July 23rd, 2015 06:00

Hey i am having this same issue and I have done the diagnostic and im out of warranty is there anything you can do to help please

1 Message

November 29th, 2015 19:00

Hi, 

I am also experiencing the same issues as everyone else. I have a Dell Inspiron 5720 that has windows 8. I ran the diagnostics test and there were no errors. I would greatly appreciate your help with fixing this issue!

1 Message

October 30th, 2017 01:00

Iam facing same issue

Run the test but no use for booting same issues

No Events found!