Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2017 20:00

"Battery not detected" and "plugged in, not charging"

My battery says "1% plugged in, not charging". I ordered a new battery, installed today got msg saying "battery not detected", i shut it down, took battery out, replaced, restarted (several time), same msg. I visited many forums and read many threads on both of these issues. Apparently both of these issues are common with Dell, but the general consensus of the community is that i need to do a Bios update..So i downloaded the driver for the Bios update and attempted to install is, but got a massage that the adapter AND the battery must both be plugged in, in order to do the update..well..how can i "plug the battery in" when my pc is unable to detect the battery??!!!
So i shut it down for like the 10th time this evening..took battery out and replaced it with the old battery..the one with 1% charge, but at least my pc is able to detect this one. I go back to the Bios update download, attempt to run it and get a msg saying battery must be 10% or higher to run the update **sigh** really frustrated now. I have seen people say its a loose connection and i should tap it near the motherboard...this did nothing. I jiggled adapter cord, nothing, i cleaned the connectors on the both batteries, nothing. I ran a diagnostic test thru dell.com on the battery and it came up as PASSED...lol..seriously?? I ran troubleshooting..nothing found.. I am at my wits end...help???

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 14th, 2017 10:00

Also....

You check the status of the AC adapter and new battery's health in the BIOS?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 14th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

You press the 'Power On' button for 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power before replacing new battery in the battery bay? By the way, what is your Dell model number and version of windows ?

Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

No Events found!