Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

January 19th, 2009 19:00

"Remove Hardware Safely" icon flickers off and on

I am having an intermittant problem. Ocassionally the "remove hardware safely" icon will flick on and off, accompanied by the "da dunk" sound. This will happen even when I do not have any external hardware connected. It will do this every few seconds or every couple of minutes.  I regularly use external speakers, a printer, wireless mouse and thumb drive, connected via USB, however this will occur when nothing is connected.  This does not present any functional problems, however the constant "da-dunk" while watching a movie or listening to music is annoying.  I have tried to determine what might be causing this by waiting and clicking on the icon when it breifly pops up, but the box that pops up to list the attached devices is empty.  Of course, there are no devices attached, but I don't know what else to do to figure out what is causing this.

This is an Inspiron 1525 running windows vista.

3 Posts

February 10th, 2009 08:00

I have this same problem and it has worsened over time. Watching movies or listening to music is impossible, and my computer does seem to freeze for a few seconds occasionally in synch with the icon coming on and going off. I've updated all of the USB drivers I can.

No Events found!