This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2012 01:00

"the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant" on win7 32 bits

Hello,

I’m
disparate need of help. I just have Dell Inspiron N5110 without OS. I installed
W7 32 bits on it and after I finished the installation and restart and blue screen
appears with an error message "the bios in this system is not fully ACPI
compliant". Can anybody help me. I have tons of work to do. I really
regret buying this dell inspiron n5110. :emotion-9:

3 Posts

November 7th, 2012 04:00

I finally got the solution for this painfull problem; first I have to tell that I have updated my bios from A06 to A08 and nothing changed; but later on I thought that the Master boot Record may be corrupted and may be the cause of all this headack so  I found this solution from Micorsoft support.

1- insert the windows 7 CD and boot from it.

2- in the fisrt screen use you language and location and proceed to nex screen and choose "Repair computer"

3- setup will search for problems and give you two options

click next and then cancel any comming screens that will try to fix the boot automatically because they woul simply won't!.

then you will get the following screen :

Run the command prompat and Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER

Then you will have several options to fix the MBR (Master boot record) or rebuild it; I frankly run them all

first  C:\bootrec/fixMbr

2nd C:\bootrec/FixBoot

3rd  C:\bootrec/RebuildBcd

and then C:\Exit

restart the system and it worked like normal

to be ohnest the below link helped me a lot even not directly so you can visit it for more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392#method1

Please tell me if it works for you .!!!

Thanks and good luk.

1 Message

November 26th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to update BIOS ? 

As when i start my laptop N4050 it shows the error -- 

and he BIOS set up is an EXE file. how do i install N4050A07.EXE file to update the BIOS as WINDOWS installation is not done correctly at first place.

Please Suggest any solution .

Thanks In Advance.

3 Posts

February 1st, 2012 03:00

hi,

I have the same problem with dell inspiron when i did the installation for win7 32\64 bit after installation when it starts loading window i get the msg with blue screen " The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.  "

it works only in win XP but i dont need win xp so please help me...:emotion-12:..........

1 Message

February 16th, 2012 06:00

Hello, First of all, upgrade BIOS to the latest versoin, remove all unnecessary hardware devices from the computer, try entering Windows safe mode to test whether it is a third-party software/hardware compatibility issue. If so, please download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check the reason for the issue. I know that you met the BSOD or stop error issue while using Windows 7. Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device, third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services). The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are). To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

2 Posts

March 4th, 2012 01:00

Hello,

Sorry I wasn't able to check my email lately. But YES I solved the problem. I later found out that the OS W7 32 bit CD that I used was damaged, so I try to re-install W7 OS 32 bits on my dell inspiron n5110 using different original W7 OS Installer. Its working fine without any issues.

I just hope that this helps you solving your problem.

March 4th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

I have the same problem with my dell inspiron n5110.

Have you found any solution? If yes then kindly share the solution.

Thanks.

March 8th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Thank you.

Regards,

Naveed Mazhar

4 Posts

April 12th, 2012 03:00

Has it solved your problem??

April 12th, 2012 22:00

Yes, it solved the problem.

4 Posts

April 12th, 2012 23:00

This solved my problem too I changed my existing installer CD & run setup for Win 7 Ultimate.

It completed successfully & I m enjoying Win 7 Ult

thanks Bro

1 Message

May 18th, 2012 20:00

Mean just changing the cd/dvd will solve this problem?????????

:emotion-2:

May 18th, 2012 23:00

Mean just changing the cd/dvd will solve this problem?????????

:emotion-2:

The windows cd must be genuine.

1 Message

November 15th, 2012 01:00

Hi

It has solved the problel

Thanks

Regards

3 Posts

November 29th, 2012 00:00

to update th bios, First download the latest version from Dell derivers website and then copy it to CD of USB falsh disk;

then go the same processs as described in my reply above and then go to command prompet and chage the directory to the CD or USB flash depending on where you put your file and type the file name exactly and ENTER;

Make sure that you battery is fully charged and you are connected to AC power to avoid damaging your laptop if power fails during BIOS update;

the wizerd would lead you; after finshing, you may not recieve a confirmation msg that BIOS updated sucessfully updated but you will find that no actions done on the screen so allow some time 5-10 min and restart the laptop.

1 Message

December 10th, 2012 05:00

can you please answer again in details.i got the same problem and i don't know how to fix :emotion-6:

No Events found!