Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2013 05:00

recovery on laptop dell xps 15 l521x win 8

i have some problem with my system laptop xps 15 L521x, i7 ivy ram 8gb hdd 750gb+32gb ssd carrd gt640 win 8

when i recovery by  soft dell backup and recovery, every times, i always meet error notice: missing HAL

i remove all  Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel Rapid Storage Technology,  try change sata mode  to AHCI, it not work too

after i creat   media recovery disks ( 2 dvd), anh try recovery by disk, also change sata mode to AHCI , but all times not success, always show error missing HAL 

any one can help me on this case ??

and sorry about my English :(

7 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 04:00

i has found where error come from and how fix it

my laptop has error on winRE partition (maybe both efi partition) so when recovery, error happen when load winRE

also, i creat media recovery disk after winRE partition has damage, this disk will be has damage winRE on itself, so it will same error

i creat diffirent media recovery disk from a diffirent laptop xps L521x, it worrk ok, and i try replace part winRE on my error media disk preview by winRE on the new media disk. after burn to a DVD, and this DVD work ok, too

all that show me: the error come from winRE partition (maybe both efi partition)

and now, i have 2 copy dvds media recovery and both work ok

thank you so much about what you done to help me!

750 Posts

June 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi tickcoi,

Just to confirm – based on your description, are you trying to restore the computer to factory settings using Dell Backup and Recovery software during which the mentioned error shows up? Also, you have tried restoring using the recovery disks you have created and the same error shows up?

In that case, I would like to know the reason you are trying to restore the compute to factory settings. Also, please refer the following link to run diagnostics on the computer to ensure that the hardware functionality: http://dell.to/19cWLsz

Awaiting your response!

7 Posts

June 28th, 2013 09:00

i run diagnostics completly, results no error have been found, all test passed

i use Dell backup and Recovery software to restore computer to factory setting, chose factory image, software request restart, computer restar, dell logo come, Recovery screen show up,

it tell:

your pc needs to be repair

the operating system couldn't be loadded because the HAL is missing or contains errors

file:\windows\system32\hal.dll

error code: 0xc000000f

press enter for try again

press f8 for start up setting

press esc for uefi firmware setting

after i creat media recover disk (2 dvd), and try recovery by disk, but the same error show up

i try again with sata mode to AHCI, same error again

have you try restore factory another laptop xps L521x or L421, how step to restore this version system?

7 Posts

June 28th, 2013 13:00

any one can further help me?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2013 16:00

tickcoi,

Please continue with DELL-Kalyan S

How Do I Fix the "hal.dll is missing or corrupt" Error Message?

Rick

7 Posts

June 29th, 2013 07:00

special in system win 8 boot with uefi, when computer boot can't see option Repair Your Computer

have any one  meet same problems like me?

750 Posts

July 1st, 2013 04:00

Hi tickcoi,

Since we are unable to restore using the Dell Backup and Recovery software as well as the Recovery disks that you have created, the only option we have is to use the Windows 8 DVD to reinstall the operating system.

May I know if you have the Windows 8 DVD that was shipped with the computer?

7 Posts

July 1st, 2013 09:00

no. i have only dvd driver and utilities shipped with my laptop

i just install a new windows 8, option format partition old windows, no touch other partition ( efi partition, recovery partition, ...)

after install new windows 8, i try recovery, but meet again same error

i think my recovery partition not error, maybe error happen from setting bios or utilities in boot partition, winre partition

i try some diffirent setting bios but nothing better, i try fix boot bcd rebuild in efi partition  but it not work, so i don' know  i really touched these partition or didn't

the problems haven't been solved, i so tired with this

@Kalyan: do you have more sugget for me?

and anyone really recovery success on this model ? if you have, please tell me step by step how to get it, i will be grateful for you

750 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi tickcoi,

May I know how did you reinstall Windows 8? If it was with a disk, though the recovery partition has not been deleted, we will not be able to use Dell Backup & Recovery Manager to recover the computer anymore

7 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 09:00

i reinstall win 8 by usb, i use a boot usb has image win 8 pro download from microsoft, i boot usb efi, install win 8, i format only partition C (partition contains old windows) and install on it

if in case you said, can you show me exactly step by step how recovery my this model laptop ?

because i going to borrow a media recovery disk of diffirent L521x laptop on next week

i afraid of my recovery partition have problem although i didn't touch it

if that disk also not work, it mean my recovery partition is good, the problem come from bios setting

so please  show me exactly step by step how recovery my this model laptop by media disk, can't you?

No Events found!