Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2017 14:00

reinstalling windows with recovery CD

sorry for posting here, for some reason new post does not appear in the normal laptop forum!! Please change it places. 

So i have a inspiron dell.    it was bought with windows 8.0.  we upgraded to 8.1 then to 10.   I always order a recovery CD with every computer. Always. even if its already partitioned.  

The option to reinstall windoes from a partition is just disappeared.  reinstalling windows within the blue screen freezes at 61%. so i am using the cd recovery.  Tried booting through windoes recovery, it never lets me boot to cd.   so i boot through legacy and it does let me boot through cd using msdos.  except. i cant get anywhere.  i thought to download a USB boot image  but when i put in service tag number it says there is none for my computer.  This computer came with windows!    help 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 24th, 2017 06:00

You should not bother with obsolete Windows versions. Make a Windows 10 Build 15063 Bootable USB and directly clean install Windows 10 Build 15063. You can download the installation media from Microsoft. Make sure you have a UEFI Boot with Secure Boot Enabled:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-rs2-version-1703-build-15063-creators-update-using-the-media-creation-tool/ 

No Events found!