Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

February 17th, 2015 05:00

repairs not carried out by dell

i have a studio 1458 under on site warranty.

dell eng have come 5times spent nearly 30 hrs changed  parts including motherboard display etc

the laptop is still not repaired whom do i contact . in dell this has gone to the escalation team  . no luck

February 17th, 2015 05:00

Dear,

You are good as you get some one to support you technically by coming to see your Dell.  for me, I have my i7 purchased 1.5 year ago and used 12 months only but unfortunately no one is physically helping me in reparing my Dell. as a matter of fact, the Dell technical support staff telling me that they can not do anything to my laptop.

I am thinking of changing the brand after 11 years of using Dell due to the lake in technical support.

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

February 17th, 2015 09:00

If you are out of warranty, you can no longer get any FREE technical support of repairs from Dell. In some cases, Dell will provide hardware repairs, but you will need to pay for them. If you detail the problem to this forum, someone will try to assist you for a solution. Other than that, you will need to go to an independent repair shop for help.

February 17th, 2015 09:00

I have a warranty which covers everything including accidental damage . The expire date is 23mar2015.

Unfortunately the so called dell technical guys who came home did not bring the correct parts they have come not once but five times and like I said every time spent 3hrs each and still bot reparid I want to raise this to the highest level at dell unfortunately. I do not know whom to contact in dell can somebody give me the e_mail of dell grievance cell

February 17th, 2015 23:00

Do you mean I will get better and more economical technical support compare with that I would get it from Dell?

If that is the case, it is a strong reason to let me stop using this brand after 11 years.

February 17th, 2015 23:00

I wish I could help,
I spend about 3 hours trying to find proper contact in Dell website to bring up my issue, but I ended with a phone number that give me no hope in fixing my laptop.

I am very negative about after sales service that they have.

marwan

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

February 18th, 2015 08:00

Nobody in any business is going to give you free support or repairs when you are out of warranty. This costs them money, and profits in the computer industry are not large. If you want long term help and service, you can purchase a longer term warranty. Try for freebies with HP or others and see what happens. One of the majors has been refusing to provide service even while still under warranty. 

No Events found!