Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 13th, 2016 09:00

repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work

This is really annoying, I own a Dell Latitude laptop since last year  and most of the times after a windows update it goes in BSOD or fails to start completely at random, mostly when  I am teaching  or I am on a train and need to work on  my laptop.

The laptop works one day and then the next it does not

Dell support has changed hard drive, RAMs, AC cord and device, to no avail. The computer passes all the  tests,

I am at loss. I need to have a reliable machine for work and I think Dell should put more effort in  supporting  their clients

I have  put my minidumps and reports here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0qibbcf9rd1p99e/AAAHmMYbZdSgTUUW3esuvg1ha?dl=0

I hope you can give relevant and final advice. Failing that, you will hear from my *** because the amount of work hours I am losing because of this is seriously damaging.

I look forward to hearing from you soon  with a reliable solution, as I am not the only one  having these  recurring problems.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 17th, 2016 09:00

It seem like forum is running slow. It's taking forever for my posts to be seen on this forum. Do you see my links now ?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You type fast.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I will post other suggestions later. Hopefully one of the other Dell reps or someone else can give some advice as well. I hope you can get your computer up and running in the near future.

14 Posts

it's my job! . Thanks for your help. Will let you know what happens

14 Posts

November 18th, 2016 01:00

now I see the links. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 19th, 2016 05:00

" I am particularly scared of tomorrow's weekly Windows Update "

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming you're able to boot back into windows.....

I'd suggest you run the windows update troubleshooting tool on the system. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto the [Cortana] search box, click on ' View All', and then windows update. I suggest you run the other tools as well, see image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 19th, 2016 06:00

I'd suggest you download free version of Malwarebytes/ Anti-Malware, and then run it. Malwarebytes is the best for getting rid of nasty malwares which cause a lot of problems on a computer.

www.malwarebytes.com/.../

Download free version of CCleaner, and then run it. I'd suggest you first run cleaner, registry, and then tools. In startups, disable any unnecessary programs( McAfee) that might be causing problem in the system's boot up.

http://www.piriform.com/

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please type Device Manager Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, stroll down to system devices, and then expand it. Right click Chipset driver, click Properties, and then driver, see image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Stella wrote: " Support Assist advises to install Chipset Intel (R) Management ENgine 11.0.0.1163 which I already did 5 times today "

--------------------------------------

Please don't continue to force Chipset driver. Forcing the Chipset driver will cause your system to crash or cause other problems as well. You can always come back later and try to update. I do suggest you go to Device Manager (or 'Programs & Features') and check the Chipset's version to make sure the system already have the latest version.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 19th, 2016 07:00

Stella wrote: "Windows support group they identified my dump files and told me that the driver with problems was usb3Hub.sys USB 3.0 Prototype Hub Driver "

Go to Device Manager, stroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and then expand it. Right click USB 3.0 driver, and then uninstall it. To reinstall: At the device manager taskbar, click Action, and then 'Scan For Hardware Changes'.

14 Posts

November 20th, 2016 02:00

did all of the above. Troubleshoot identified some problems in  Windows Update and corrected them.

Ironically, Malware bytes identifies Dell System Detect as unwanted software :-D

The laptop appears to be stable now.

I keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you for all the help given so far.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 21st, 2016 13:00

There may be other drivers and I am looking at your latest dump file as far as I know. There are some drivers which are a little strange so I am listing the ones I noticed.  I am no expert, so take this with a grain of salt...

TeeDriverW8x64.sys  2015  should be 2016

DDDriver64Dcsa.sys  I don't have this one.

volmgrx.sys  no reference but I  have 2016.  The fact no info is provided might mean it is corrupted.

The bugcheck is 154 so check the link..

answers.microsoft.com/.../d45afcb7-a2f5-4079-aa2d-67db17d3546a

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (154)

The store component caught an unexpected exception.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2016 08:00

Great News! Glad your computer is fix now. Thanks for the update....:emotion-2:

No Events found!