Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 26th, 2016 07:00

rubber seal around screen coming off - latitude e7440

The rubber seal around my e7440 laptop screen is coming off, as shown in the pics below. It is also bulging outwards when the laptop is closed. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 09:00

Hi Akshatha

Having the same problem with my Latitude E7240, I have just PMed you my service tag and email, along with this picture

I hope you will be able to help with this

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2016 09:00

Hi Akshatha,

I have the same issue with my Dell Latitude E7240. What can I do about this?

I have sent you a Private Message with my service tag and email ID. Note that my laptop is not under warranty.

1 Message

August 24th, 2016 09:00

Hello

The rubber on my Latitude E7240 is coming off as well.

1 Message

September 1st, 2016 04:00

And if the item is out of warranty, is there a simple repair method, perhaps a particular type of glue to use?

Thanks in anticipation.

Jules

2 Posts

September 1st, 2016 12:00

Is anyone reading our messages? It's pretty irritating looking at the damaged beading on the laptop all the time. As Jules says, we'd appreciate any suggestion -- what kind of glue we can use to stick the beading with, or any other quick repair method.

October 5th, 2016 16:00

Hello, I have the same problem.. what can I do?? please help me.. Actually I'm in Ecuador, my laptop was buyed in USA.

October 5th, 2016 16:00

I have the same problem, what can i do?? please help me.. actually I´m in Ecuador.. my laptop was buyed in USA.

October 13th, 2016 11:00

Good luck this is a serious flaw with this model.  Our company has had over 50 of them and I have had to send every single one in for repair for this issue.  It's almost as if Dell doesn't test their design before pushing it to the market.  Stay away from the XPS12 as well we have had 10 of them and have had to replace the SSD in all at least once within 6 months of purchase.

January 6th, 2017 12:00

Hello.  We have having the exact same issue with one of our systems.  Any chance for a fix?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 27th, 2017 10:00

My e7450 is doing it too.  I sent a private message as suggested but got no response.  Suggestions?

April 5th, 2017 07:00

For all us folks who are off of warrantee, seems like a waste of time and change out the part.  A spot of glue should do the trick.  The question is which one?

April 5th, 2017 07:00

For all us folks who are out of warrantee seems like a waste of money and effort for the tear down to make this simple repair. Good old MIT specs out glues applications: d-lab.mit.edu/.../D-Lab_Learn-It_Adhesives.pdf.  Our situations seems to be glass, rubber, and heat.   That narrows it to just reactive glues, namely epoxy. and silicone.  Both block water which seems desirable in this application.  Silicone, though, is shown as 2mm thick - leaves epoxy.  It names the following as Common brands: Loctite, Devcon, JB  Weld, Titebond, 3M Scotch - Weld

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 5th, 2017 06:00

okee doke - for us diy:  Devon 2-ton epoxy is holding it but if I did it again I might use a different glue.  The packaging states "Does not bond to polyethylene or polypropylene plastics."  The edge thing is probably one of these plastics.  I did a test and put a drop on the edge to see how well it bonded to the plastic.  It held pretty good but with enough pressure it broke loose clean of the edge.  

Regarding the cause of this some have speculated that it is a heat issue.  I noticed though that when I adjust the screen angle, often this is the exact location where I make the adjustment.  So it could a use issue, namely the thumb in the wrong location.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2017 12:00

Devon glue did not work.  

Super Glue worked well.  The plastic edge is not PP or PE plastic based on the density test.  The plastic edge sinks in water whereas PP and PE do not.  

2 Posts

June 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi Akshatha.

I have a same problem with my Latitude 6540.

How do we send a private message?

can you share a link?

Regards,

Yashodhar - FRL, Mumbai.

No Events found!