Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2016 14:00

says it's charging, stays at the same percentage

I've got an Inspiron 5558 laptop. I just recently replaced the battery so i think it might be my adapter. the problem just started today, the computer recognizes that the adapter is plugged in, however the indicator just stays at 42% and hasn't risen or fallen while plugged in. what do i do? 

March 25th, 2016 22:00

Hi Jimmydontdoit

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Is it for the same reason you replaced the battery initially ??

If the issue is still the same post replacing the battery it could be either the adapter or the motherboard. 

Its kind of a tricky situation, if possible please try this battery or charger on another machine and observe if they charge fully . 

What does the battery health say in windows ?

Have you tried updating BIOS ?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers 

click on the link and select your operating system and update the BIOS if not yet done. 

REGARDS

5.2K Posts

March 26th, 2016 09:00

Unplug the charger and monitor the battery charge level. When down to 5-10% plug the charger back in. You can use BattStat to report all the battery information you need. Will give the charge level and the max capacity. Is the low charge level with the new battery? What was it with the original? If the new battery is from a third party supplier, not a Dell, contact the seller if it won't charge.

March 26th, 2016 10:00

thanks for your help but the problem has been fixed. just needed a restart and to take the battery out and put it back in

5.2K Posts

March 26th, 2016 16:00

Darn, you took all the fun out of solving the problem!!!

March 26th, 2016 23:00

Glad its working . Have a good one. Should you have any queries feel free to open a new thread.

No Events found!