Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2016 13:00

smart short self test WHD16-0WV

i faced this error when i ran the diagnostic on my lappy.

can anyone tell me what it is??

how can it be solved?? 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 26th, 2016 16:00

Run the 32-bit diagnostics on the system (F12 a few times at powerup to get to them).  Please post any error messages you see, along with the full system model (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5531, etc.).

2K Posts

June 26th, 2016 18:00

Hi MSBHUKER,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes?

As advised by ejn63, run the diags through f12 boot menu on startup. Also, run an extended test on the HDD and check for any possible errors.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. If the system is under warranty, we can help book a service call as required.

Keep us updated.

3 Posts

June 30th, 2016 13:00

hey thanks buddy

i dont know how the problem is solved but  it didn't occur anymore. it was use to just freeze and needed a restart and this happened frequently. now its stable and i dont know how. lol

3 Posts

June 30th, 2016 13:00

hey thanks

its dell inspiron 3537

i dont know how the problem is solved but the problem didn't occur anymore. it was use to just freeze and needed a restart and this happened frequently. now its stable and i dont know how. lol

2K Posts

July 2nd, 2016 22:00

Hi MSBHUKER,

The system freezing could be caused due to hardware or software issues. Software could be anything within the OS. The hardware components causing the issue is the HDD and memory.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. Run the extended diags on the HDD and the memory modules and it could help isolate if the hardware is at fault or not.

Run a stress test on the system through support assist - http://dell.to/1NEc1Y4

If you continue to notice the freezing, then download the service manual - http://dell.to/29DfXXz - and remove and test each memory module on each slot and run the extended memory test in diags.

You could try updating the BIOS from the support site link above.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!