dazhu
1 Copper

start with blank screen and monitor position

Jump to solution

Dell inspiron 14 bought in March 2011, and recently got this problem, every time it start with blank screen (with strips) , first I thought it might be VGA card problem, but  one day when I was adjusting the monitor position (toward to keyboard or far from the keyboard position), by a chance, the screen came back,  for the past two weeks,  it always like this,  start with blank screen, and a few minutes late, when I try to adjust the monitor screen for several times to a certain position,  the monitor displays fine,  but sometimes when it is in middle of the time, the screen display faded and also the mouse point is frozen, and I have to turn off the laptop and restart, then repeat the same problem above,  I wonder if anyone has experience like this and help me on this problem,   Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: start with blank screen and monitor position

Jump to solution

Hi dazhu,

This could be a faulty LCD cable or a loose connection. Try reseating the LCD cable.

Also provide the exact model name so that I can guide you on reseating the LCD cable.

Thanks and Regards
Harish M
#iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi dazhu,

This could be a faulty LCD cable or a loose connection. Try reseating the LCD cable.

Also provide the exact model name so that I can guide you on reseating the LCD cable.

Thanks and Regards
Harish M
#iworkfordell

dazhu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Harish

Thank you very much for your help and expertise ,   I am not sure if the following info is enough :

1.    Inspiron 14R (on my order sheet -description)

2.   on the back of the laptop: 

Inspiron N4010

Service tag : <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

Reg Mode :  P11G

at this moment I need to adjust my LCD several times to a certain position to make the screen visible, otherwise, the mouse is invisible /frozen, or screen blank with wide strips.  you are right,  it seems to somewhere have connection problem,  if you can tell me where I need to look at for the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Dazhu

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi dazhu,

Please follow the link below to reseat the LCD cable.

ftp.dell.com/.../inspiron-14r_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Harish M
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos