Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2013 21:00

start with blank screen and monitor position

Dell inspiron 14 bought in March 2011, and recently got this problem, every time it start with blank screen (with strips) , first I thought it might be VGA card problem, but  one day when I was adjusting the monitor position (toward to keyboard or far from the keyboard position), by a chance, the screen came back,  for the past two weeks,  it always like this,  start with blank screen, and a few minutes late, when I try to adjust the monitor screen for several times to a certain position,  the monitor displays fine,  but sometimes when it is in middle of the time, the screen display faded and also the mouse point is frozen, and I have to turn off the laptop and restart, then repeat the same problem above,  I wonder if anyone has experience like this and help me on this problem,   Thanks 

1.3K Posts

June 10th, 2013 09:00

Hi dazhu,

This could be a faulty LCD cable or a loose connection. Try reseating the LCD cable.

Also provide the exact model name so that I can guide you on reseating the LCD cable.

2 Posts

June 10th, 2013 20:00

Hi Harish

Thank you very much for your help and expertise ,   I am not sure if the following info is enough :

1.    Inspiron 14R (on my order sheet -description)

2.   on the back of the laptop: 

Inspiron N4010

Service tag :

Reg Mode :  P11G

at this moment I need to adjust my LCD several times to a certain position to make the screen visible, otherwise, the mouse is invisible /frozen, or screen blank with wide strips.  you are right,  it seems to somewhere have connection problem,  if you can tell me where I need to look at for the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Dazhu

1.3K Posts

June 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi dazhu,

Please follow the link below to reseat the LCD cable.

ftp.dell.com/.../inspiron-14r_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

No Events found!