Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2015 12:00

touchpad problem (DEll vostro 2420)

I bought DELL VOSTRO 2420 laptop 2 years ago. now a days, i'm facing a irritating problem. When i turn my laptop on, i see my touchpad not working. after using external mouse, i uninstall the touchpad driver i again install it . after restart it, everything becomes ok.

But , after shutdown when i turn on, the same thing occurs, mouse pointer gets freeze -_- .

what should i do ?

ps - some buttons of my laptop's keyboard (qweruiop) stopped working before the touchpad incident.

780 Posts

June 18th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

To eliminate any software points of failure, Can you try using the touchpad outside windows(Diagnostics)?

To enter diagnostics, Keep tapping F12 on the startup Dell logo that comes as soon you press the power button.

Select "Diagnostics" from the list, Run it completely, After the diagnostics are done, Please use the touchpad to move the pointer and to select the items on the screen. Check if that works. It the touchpad works outside the OS, Then the problem could be software related.

Also try using an external keyboard for the 2nd issue you mentioned. Let us know the outcome.

Thank you

1 Message

June 18th, 2015 10:00

Can't find my pointer most of the time.  Then it appears. Just started doing that

No Events found!