cjohn1
1 Copper

unable to update bios

Jump to solution

i have bought laptop from ebay(was school laptop) battery will not charge but shows plugged in, i get message that it is result of outdated bios(A00 the update is A06). I tried to update bios,but the first problem was no system image.  i have done this.  i have made anopther attempt to update bios, this time tbe bios will not update due to battery not being charghed to 10%. i can't charge the the battery.

Is there a way to update bios or do i have to get another battery?

i did contact sell of battery issue before all of this and got new battery per sellers recommendation. He has not aware of this problem the battery WAS 50% charged.  i have no problem with buying another battery if there is no other way.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: unable to update bios

Jump to solution

Check to see whether the AC adapter is recognized by the system (F2 at powerup).  If it's not, the battery won't charge. 

If the adapter isn't recognized, it's not a BIOS issue - try a new OEM Dell adapter first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, and the DC jack is replaceable, replace the DC jack in the system.  If this is a model where the DC jack isn't replaceable or replacing the jack doesn't fix the problem, the mainboard will need to be replaced.

0 Kudos
cjohn1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

AC adapter is working well laptop didn't recognize ac adapter.  with bios still can't update getting error code 0x00000406, what is this and is there a correctioon?

0 Kudos
sgona
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Are you attempting to update a BIOS on an older system that currently has Windows 10 installed?  If so, the BIOS upgrade may not support the newer OS.

0 Kudos