Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 04-30-2017 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

web cam driver for dell inspiron 5520 15R

hi , i got new dell inspiron 5520 laptop. i install win 7 64bit . but i cant find the web cam driver . pls tell me how to use web cam .

Replies (22)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks it worked for me too, though I didn't uninstalled the software driver that came initially with the system, but I just overwrite it and i found that it worked.

Hi  Leo,

I received your private message.

As per what we have tried so far most likely its an issue with the hardware(webcam) as its not getting detected in Windows and it may need to be replaced.

I would suggest you to take the system to your nearest Dell Authorized Service Provider for repair options.

Click here for your regional Dell Authorized Service Provider contact information.

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

Hi  Leo,

This error message is not clear.This test is suppose to be an interactive test.Did it ask you to press any key on the keyboard?

This time also try the Component test(select Component  and run test on camera). Please post back the exact error message/code if any.

Also private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

hi

here's what i get  {"Data":0,"Success":true,"ErrorMessage":""}

what does it mean?

Leo

Hi Leo,

If the Webcam is not getting detected in Device Manager you may try running the Dell PC diagnostics as shown in this link (How to Run the Dell PC Diagnostics for Webcam Issues): lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Note:Select Symptom,Webcam and run the test.

Post back the results.

Regarding the picture on your messenger try a different picture.If issue persists post back the name of the messenger service  you're using.

Thank You

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Me again, i put a JPG photo in my messenger but it seems that it does not display

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hello

Glad to hear someone!:) I check the device manager but it does not detected even I click on VIEW-SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES but i can't see imaging Device. Yes, i tried to install the webcam central,i get the driver on dell community but when i install it, this show me:

Windows version: I use windows 7 home basic

System:

Hope that will help you

Leo

Hi leo,

Welcome to the Community,

Is the Webcam getting detected in Device Manager under Imaging Device?Have you tried installing Webcam Central?

Please post the exact issue you're facing with the Webcam,along with your full system model and Windows version.

Thank You

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

hi

i am facing the same problem! Did you find your answer? Let me know please i need HELP!

Thanks

Leo

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I am also having a similar experience. I uninstalled the Dell Webcam Central and ran the executable above to install the drivers. However, I still see no webcam in the device manager. I have enabled WIA and also restarted after installing the drivers. Do I need to reinstall the Dell Webcam Central Software?  

Thanks so much.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor