Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2016 20:00

wireless stuck in airplane mode

I have a inspiron 15 7000 series. HD failed so installed new HD and loaded win 10 on it. everything works fine except the wireless is stuck in airplane mode. I have tried the  Fn-wireless key with no change. Correct wireless 7260 driver is installed and working I have ran all updates. Wireless worked fine in win 8 Is there a know driver issue here?

Got drivers from http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/drivers/advanced?os=wt64a

380 Posts

July 30th, 2016 02:00

There is a known bug in Windows 10 regarding the Airplane Mode indicator on the Notification / Action Center display. It will show that Airplane Mode is "on" when it actually is not. Wireless still works fine. Is that what you are referring to or is your wireless actually disabled?

JohnD

July 31st, 2016 12:00

No that is not the issue, The wireless adapter cannot be moved out of airplane mode. the "switches" in the wireless settings will move to on but then bounce back to off. Ihave another drive with win 7 on it for this unit and that works fine. IT has to be a win 10 drivers issue. I have loaded the correct drivers according to the dell support page for this laptop and the wireless button driver.

No Events found!