Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

12 Posts

May 13th, 2008 10:00

xps 1530 Wireless

I have spent hrs reading and can't find the answer or question.  So I'm asking, in hope someone will reply.

I purchased this XPS 1530 in Mar 08.  The sole motivation was to play WOW on the go.  Ive sunk a lot of money into this venture, purchasing a Wireless Card for those times I don't have a Wireless network available.  My problem is this:  Even though the Network/Sharing Center says I have and excellent connection, the game runs really slow with latency at the high 15000.  I will eventually get disconnected from the server.

I've done everything I know to do, give World of Warcraft access thru Firewalls and such, but I can rarely get Latency(the amount of time it takes the server to talk to my computer) out of the red zone.

I'm hating Vista cause frankly i don't know what it does in the background or how to make it stop.  I hope someone will try to help me so I can finally enjoy having spent 2grand plus on a system that is not doing what I bought it for.  Right now i feel like a complete idiot.

4 Posts

May 13th, 2008 14:00

So if I understand you correctly, you encounter high latency thru a broadband wireless card?  Who is your provider?  I believe the configuration of that card (it's drivers, or the level of service your provider offers) is your problem.

Do you have the same latency problem over WiFi or Ethernet?

I play WOW all the time on a 1530 (Vista) through a tethered Sprint Mogul with 200-300ms avg latency. 

12 Posts

May 14th, 2008 12:00

320 latency would be great.  Its the WiFi Connection that I'm having issues with.  Signal is Excellent and dbs are low but game gives me latency of 1500.  Tried my Air Card I can play it if I go outside, can't get a signal indoors at the location that I'm accessing the WiFi.

I downloaded the Dell Network Assistant I will try to diagnose with that tonite.

Thanks for all your help and replies.  I don't feel isolated anymore:)

Lightbearer, 60 Priestess, Mok'Nathal

12 Posts

May 14th, 2008 12:00

Thanks and I will keep that in my for future addition.  I was not very clear in my post, because the issue is occuring when I'm connected to a WiFi Internet.  I can access anything on the web fine and fast.  But when I try to play WOW my game latency is very very very high and I'm constantly disconnected from the server.  This happens even though the Dell Network/Sharing Center indicates I have an excellent connection.

I have sent a trouble ticket to WOW Technical Support. 

I can play the game on my laptop really good using my GT Options Express Air Card at home.  But I purchased the laptop to take game with me away from home.

No Events found!