Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2017 05:00

Alienwarw 17r4 not booting windows. Stuck on alienware logo

I was playing a game when it suddenly stuttered and had a BSOD I wasnt able to take a photo of it because it flashed too fast. After that it went into scanning and repairing then it restarted and it just stayed on the alienware logo. At first I didnt mind until 4 hours have passed and it was still there. I pressed enter and a message appeared saying "Runtime error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Logonui.exe" I dont know what I couldve done for this to happen. I would relly appreciate the help.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

October 6th, 2017 12:00

It might be worth it to start with diagnostics, have you attempted to run these? You can press F12 at the initial startup (Dell/Alienware screen), and then select them. It could just be software/OS related or it might be the drive, but diags will help rule this out.

Let me know how this goes. 

Best,

Brad

4 Posts

October 6th, 2017 16:00

Hey. So I did a full diagnostic and it didnt seem to have any problem with hardware or anything. The problem is that everytime I press enter runtime error logonui.exe appears. So I tried start up repair and It says it cant repair the pc. Something about srtTrail.txt

No Events found!