Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 24th, 2013 23:00

Blackscreen with webcam at programs and browser, L502X windows8

Hi,

I have upgraded to windows 8 in my L502X, but as stated it shows a blackscreen anytime I use the webcame. The strange is that my webcame works perfectly at camera app and Dell Webcam Center, but doesn't work in any other programs or browser, as Skype, Facebook etc.. I have unistalled and installed, drivers, Dell webcam center and also the device. Please help, thank you!!

July 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi cafu90,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

It seems that the webcam was not completely uninstalled from the computer, I’d suggest you to try the following steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Click Dell Webcam Central.

6. Click Uninstall.

7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.

8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

Remove the Software completely from the computer

Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.

1. In the “Device Manager” window, click the plus sign next to “Imaging Devices” to expand it.

2. Under “Imaging Devices”, right click “webcam”, click “Uninstall”.

3. Check the box “Delete driver software for this device”, click ok and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the webcam drivers.

4. Restart the computer and then try to re-install the Dell Webcam Central and check the functionality.

5. Click on the below link to Install the Dell Webcam Software

http://dell.to/170Z6DV

Please try these steps and let us know any issues further.

9 Posts

July 25th, 2013 00:00

Well I did as you said, and nothing happened. Webcam only works at dell webcam central but not in skype neither the browsers

July 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi cafu90,

Thank you for your response,

It is unfortunate that Re-Installing the Dell Webcam Software did not help, In this case as the Device is detected and working fine on Dell Webcam Software and it’s not working on browsers like (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) and also on Skype, we recommend you to have the data backed up on the computer as the issue seems to be on the Operating System and we’ll have to Re-Install the Windows 8 Operating System on the computer which would be an ideal fix.

Note: Backup the data before you initiate the Re-Installation or Restoring the computer back to Factory settings.

Please reply us back if the data backup is performed and if you’re ready for the Re-Installation and we’ll send you the steps for Reinstalling the operating System.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 25th, 2013 02:00

cafu90,

You said...

Webcam only works at dell webcam central but not in skype neither the browsers

You can see it working with Dell Webcam Central, correct?

Does the webcam work when you try Test Webcam Click allow and see if it works.

I had problems with the latest version of skype, it would give me a blank screen. Try downloading an older version of Skype

Rick

9 Posts

July 26th, 2013 10:00

It is correct. The webcam works perfectly in the dell webcam central and  in the camera app that comes with Windows 8. But it doesn't work in skype, or facebook, or any other program or webpage that uses it (that includes the testwebcam.com page) it only shows a blackscreen with NO warning messages or something that indicates that is not working :(

July 29th, 2013 03:00

Hi cafu90,

I appreciate your patience,

As we indicated previously it is an issue with the Operating System and You needn’t reinstall Windows 8 to fix a majority of system problems you may face from time to time. Instead, you can utilize the 'Refresh' and 'Reset' option. Both the options are reminiscent to the 'Restore to Factory Default' option in a mobile device Whereas the 'Refresh' option preserves your files and installed programs; the 'Reset' option deletes them and takes back you PC to the day it was first purchased. So it’s always advisable to 'Refresh' the PC first and keep the 'Reset' option as a last resort.

Please click on the link below which has detailed steps on how to perform a refresh on your computer.
http://bit.ly/TLZ9mS

NOTE: Please backup the data before performing a “Refresh, Refresh or Restore”

Please try these steps and let us know your findings

No Events found!