Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2011 11:00

Bluetooth headphones used to work but suddenly stopped working

I have used both Dell's Bluetooth headphones and Sennheiser (sp) noise cancelling headphones successfully.  The third day of my trial period with the Sennheiser they suddenly cut out.  Nothing I have tried since gets audio over either of them although sometimes I can get the headphones to forward the tracks on an ablum.  They are paired and sometimes connected but still no audio.  Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.  Tested headphone on another laptop running XP with a mini USB Bluetooth adapter which worked fine.  The adapter installes but has same problem on main Vista laptop even after I shut down the integrated dell bluetooth hardware and software.  What am I missing?

2 Posts

July 10th, 2011 07:00

I finally solved this problem by purchasing a mini USB Bluetooth adapter. Even though the laptop already has one it does not seem to be working very well.  This alone was still not enough but when I went into the sound mixer and made the bluetooth output the default output that did the trick.  It now gives me audio output through the built in laptop speakers when no bluetooth device is turned on and audio only through the bluetooth headphones when they are turned on.

I'm surprised that no solution has been posted for this problem anywhere I've looked on the internet.  Even Just Answer.com did not help me.  It appears to be fairly common as I found lots of folk with the same problem but no posted answers for them.

No Events found!