Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2011 02:00

Bluetooth stopped working after Comodo install

I've got a brand new Insprion N5150 and after I installed Comodo my bluetooth stopped working. From reading around the web I think that it deleted my devmonsrv.exe file. I found another thread on another forum that gave a link to download a new copy of the file for a different model but that did'nt fix the problem.

I'm a little confused with the fact that I cant' find any drivers here for my bluetooth.

I'm running Windows7 (x64)

Here is a list of the installed bt files...

Here is a link where someone could download a zip file of my bluetooth folder with the (other-downloaded from another forum) devmonsrv.exe file in it. Could someone take a peek and give me a hand here? I sure would appreciate it.

http://doug.pl/Bluetooth.zip

Cheers,
Doug 

3.8K Posts

November 25th, 2011 03:00

Hi Dougm1966,

Welcome to the Community. It's suprising as I could not find the N5150 model on the support site. However you can use the below link to install it, and let me know if that worked.

Thank you

Royan

3.8K Posts

November 25th, 2011 04:00

Hi,

Well that key combination is configured for both the wireless card and bluetooth card. So that should work.

Royan

3.8K Posts

Hi

I suggest you cancel the installation, restart your computer, make sure the wireless is turned on, and start the installation again, let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Royan

11 Posts

Thanks Royan...I'm in the middle of the install and it says to "Activate Bluetooth using wireless switch".  What does this mean?

11 Posts

As for not finding N5150...That confused me a bit too. I bought the computer in Poland with an English OS so maybe that has something to do with it.

3.8K Posts

Hi Dougm1966,

I guess on your system its the key combination of FN + F2 to turn on your wireless and bluetooth.

Royan

11 Posts

Ok..thank you for the clarification....

Maybe you can tell me what to do next....

I'm in the middle of the install and have a little popup that say.....Activate Bluetooth using wireless switch and it has a 'cancel install' button.  That's it.  Nothing  more.  Obviously I haven't cancelled the install but I'm lost as to what to do next. The FN +f2 isn't doing anything.

3.8K Posts

Hi

Pressing Fn + F2, does not mean other computers can connect to your wireless network. Those settings is on the Wireless router that you are connecting to. If you broadcast your SSID which is setting on your wireless router, then others can connect to your wireless network.

Royan

11 Posts

Once again...same results...

But...

I looked at the device manager and the Bluetooth device doesn't show a yellow triangle with exclamation mark.  It says the driver is installed properly.

I have a feeling that I'm only missing a single file?

Should I uninstall the original driver?

I don't know, I'm lost to be honest.

11 Posts

That's actually turning on and off the Intel My Wi-Fi technology...the option that allows other computers to connect to my Wi-Fi connection.

11 Posts

November 25th, 2011 05:00

The email I was writing before you sent me that last message....

I hear ya....sigh....Unfortunately I don't have another device.  I'm trying to connect to my Nokia e72.  I've been connected before.

Short story....

I teach English. I connect with approximately 25-30 students mobile phones each week. Sounds like a lot I know...I have a group of 50 on Saturday, an English club. I installed Comodo and last week and this last Saturday I couldn't connect to my students and I haven't been able to connect to my phone. I'm finally getting time to try to fix it.....

AND

We GOT IT!

I'm Connected to my phone.

THANK YOU SO MUCH>>>>

May you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas AND A Great New Year!

3.8K Posts

Great, that means the bluetooth driver is installed successfully. Do not uninstall anything. Check if you are able to pair your system with another bluetooth device, using the bluetooth application.

Royan

3.8K Posts

I also suggest you check if the bluetooth service is started. Click on start, type in services and press enter, that should bring up the services box, scroll down to bluetooth support service properties and click on it, make sure the startup type is set to automatic, and start the service, so the service status should show as started.

Royan

3.8K Posts

Glad that WE got it working. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

Best Regards

Royan

1 Message

May 13th, 2013 03:00

Hello Royan

I have the above problem but when I went into the link it is no longer available - could you put it up again please - thank you very much

Vicki

No Events found!