Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2017 02:00

DISAPPOINTED. Dell inspiron 7567 highest config comes without hdd mounting bracket

Well done dell... You make an easy to upgrade model but expecting the user to dig into the internet to find one mounting bracket to fit?

I recently purchased 7567 the highest spec, expecting I could add hdd myself since the highest config does not include one. The shipment finally came after contacting online support for the past one and half week, I was ecited and with a brand new hddq aside I was ready to turn this machine a beaster beast. *** ya, the back lid was off, and.... There is no mounting bracketincluded in hdd slot. I tried looking into ebay but none was found.

Does anyone happen to know why Dell doing this and how this mounting bracket could be obtained?

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 10th, 2017 05:00

You need both a bracket and a cable -- they're generally not shipped in systems ordered without hard drives.  Probably the only source for a system this new is Dell Spare Parts.

1-800-357-3355

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 10th, 2017 06:00

As for why they're doing it, I assume it's because Dell doesn't include parts that aren't needed in order to satisfy the requested build, but yes I agree it would be nice if they included it as an end user upgrade flexibility measure.  But this thread here gives you the part numbers for what you need: en.community.dell.com/.../20006715

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 10th, 2017 07:00

My system, which I purchased a couple of months ago, came with the necessary hardware.  The hardware is a couple of brackets which would be screwed down to the HDD slot.  The SATA connection is a cable.

They may have changed their process or perhaps your need to contact customer service might have prompted them to ship the unit without that component available.

Thanks my firend. I did watched videos prior to purchase and thought there will be one coming with it as the video does include one. Really appreciate your answer!

Thanks for the link! I will try contact Dell for this, and they really shouldn't do cheap thing like this :(

August 10th, 2017 21:00

Oh, but I afraid the hdd will suffer

1 Message

August 10th, 2017 21:00

Mine came with the cable and a Sammy  961 m.2'nvme  ssd which I was surprised to.see. I put a standard sized SSD in without a mounting.bracket and it's fine. Fits snugly and doesn't rattle around when I'm carrying it around.

No Events found!