Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2017 00:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3565 Wireless Adaptor Missing.

Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell laptop with windows 10. Recently after a windows update I cannot connect to the Wifi at all. On further investigation the wireless adaptor is missing from network adaptors

I tried to download and install the drivers manually but it still did not show up.

I then tried checking if the Wireless adaptor was turned off in BIOS, but it does not even show up there.

I tried rolling back the Windows update and restoring my PC to when I first got it but still the Wifi icon does not show up.

Any Idea what could be wrong. The Dell Service Center is very far away from my location

2K Posts

June 20th, 2017 02:00

Hi NJCOUTINHO,

You need to download and run only the BIOS

Once done, restart the system and check in device manager under Network Adapters if the wireless card shows up. Only then can you install the Qualcomm drivers. All 6 drivers are not required, only the Qualcomm drivers.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2017 21:00

Hello Rishi

It worked !!!!! Thank you so much. I updated the BIOS and then ran the Qualcomm drivers and poof I am back online!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 15:00

" I tried to download and install the drivers manually but it still did not show up "

:emotion-2:

The WIFI card is missing in image. You tried to install Network drivers from your Dell Product Support page?  If no, click on Find It Myself, and then expand "Network" in link below. Please temporary disable the system Antivirus software and Firewall before installing Network drivers.

Support for Inspiron 15 3565 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

5 Posts

June 19th, 2017 21:00

Yes I had installed the Qualcomm QCA61x4A And QCA9377 WiFi And Bluetooth Driver . But initially the page only showed 3 drivers now i see 6. Do i need to install all of them?

2K Posts

Hi NJCOUTINHO,

The driver can only be installed if the hardware is detected. In this case, the hardware / wireless card is not listed in device manager.

Is there any damage on the system? Did the wireless work anytime when you first checked the system?

Update the BIOS - restart and check. If it still does not get detected in device manager, then download the service manual from the same link and open the chassis and reseat the wireless card and check if it works.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.. If the system is under warranty, we can setup a service call based on your region and the warranty type.

5 Posts

Thank you.

There is no damage to the system.

The Wifi was working perfectly since the day i purchased it (almost a month). Just went off after a recent windows update.

Will send you the details

2K Posts

June 20th, 2017 01:00

Hi NJCOUTINHO,

Thank you for the update.

Have you updated the BIOS as suggested?

Since the issue started after Windows updates, perform a system restore to restore the machine to an earlier point where it was working fine.

Again, the drivers will install only when the hardware is present. If the hardware does not show up, then the drivers installation would not go through. 

If the issue persists, restart the system and check in safe mode with networking.

If nothing works, kindly reply to the same private message and we can setup a service call.

5 Posts

June 20th, 2017 02:00

Thank you for getting back Rishi

No I haven't updated the BIOS as yet. Do I download and simply run the file from here www.dell.com/.../drivers ?

I did perform a system restore.

How do I check if the hardware is present?

After performing a BIOS update do I Reinstall all six network drivers ?

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 20th, 2017 06:00

After installing latest BIOS version, and WIFI card still doesn't show up, expand Network, click on 'Action' at the device manager taskbar, and then Scan For Hardware Changes. If you still don't see wifi card, click 'View', and then "Show Hidden Devices" . Hopefully card show up.

Dell Inspiron 3048:

2K Posts

June 20th, 2017 23:00

Hi NJCOUTINHO,

Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

I would suggest you to create a restore point, such that, in any event if the system has any issues, you could always restore it back to the functional point.

No Events found!