Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2017 17:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7567, Gaming - Backlit RED Keyboard question / complaint)

Hello all, I've recently purchased this laptop (Just out of best buy direct return policy) and It has remained docked at my desk since.  

I used the keyboard briefly during setup, but otherwise have been using my mechanical - well the other day I decided to use it and the backspace key popped up. Saw that the clips on the key itself were broken on one side.

I don't want to have to wait without my computer in hopes that this may be covered by warranty repair if I send it in, but I cannot find this keyboard anywhere but Ebay.

I would purchase it from ebay but the only sellers are located in hong kong and it would take quite a while and not be an assured fit.

Any ideas? Part number, etc? Basically I would just buy a new keyboard and take the backspace key off of it. 

I saw that theres a website for laptop replacement keys, but this particular model isn't listed. Is this keyboard shared with other models, just with either no backlight or with white text instead of red? I would accept a different kind of key if its the right size.

Thanks, sorry for the wall of text. Just wanting to get my keyboard back to new :-(

• 

17K Posts

August 1st, 2017 05:00

ACharpentier,

You can call the Dell Spare Parts Dept at 1-877-717-3355.

No Events found!