Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2013 17:00

Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop web Camera Problem?

I have purchased my new dell inspiron 5521 few days ago. It has a integrated camera. Webcam working good but when i install a fresh windows and lost the drivers and now in new windows i don't have driver and on skype video calling it shows white screen. It looks like working but not graphics found. I have installed every driver from dell offical website. But on offical website there is no driver for webcam. I need help please help me how can i correct my webcam result. Thanks

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 15th, 2013 17:00

Hi usmanakhtar999,

Please find the link below for Webcam software:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Let me know if you need further assistance.

1 Message

May 25th, 2013 22:00

HI Sujatha,

I too facing the same problem.

I have downloaded above s/w and installed on my lap, but still i am not able to see webcm in skyp.

When I try to access the webcam from skype, Dell webcam central application is opened and asking to change the video resolution lower than 1024X720. I tried change the screen resolution but there I can not see this resolution to set.

Please help to resolve this... Thank in adv :)

3 Posts

May 29th, 2013 10:00

hello mate, not a reply to ur post. i do own a 5521 and its HDD (placed on right bottom of laptop) making a light clicking and grinding noice. does ur one quiet or has the same noise? thanks. sorry for not answering ur issue.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 31st, 2013 16:00

Hi surya999,

I request you run diagnostics on the Webcam.  Please follow the steps given below to run diagnostics on the Webcam.

1. Open the link http://dell.to/11MXNII
2. Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Dell PC Diagnostics’.
3. Select ‘Camera’ under ‘Diagnostic Selector.
4. Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.
5. Let me know the results.

2 Posts

September 5th, 2014 20:00

I've been having the same problem.  I have a Dell 15R 5521.  I installed Dell Webcam Central.  When it runs it says there is no supported devices.  I go to the Dell diagnostics screen online and run the diagnostics on camera.  It says there is no driver or the driver is not supported.  When I go into hardware, nothing shows up, and when I add hardware, it does not see it.  I see it.  I am looking right at it.  It is there...can you please just send me a link to a driver that I can use?

1 Message

October 7th, 2014 14:00

Me too. Ran the diagnostic. Says "We are unable to find the selected device. The device driver for your selected diagnostic is either not installed or installed incorrectly.Please ensure your device is enabled through your device manager or go to Drivers and Downloads to install the latest driver.", but I do not know which driver to download. I do not think that this is normal for Dell. Is the driver sent above still adequate? Is there any other driver that I could use? Thanks.

No Events found!